Business Legal Services
EmergeCounsel knows that emerging businesses and entrepreneurs have unique needs. That's why we provide specialized, focused legal services.
We pride ourselves on our unbeatable customer service, responsiveness, professionalism, and expertise in the areas of law that impact emerging companies the most.
Our expert legal services include:
Proper Legal Entity Formation
EmergeCounsel helps businesses choose the best legal entity formation structure.
Our services include:
- Discussing personal, financial, and corporate goals
- Reviewing current agreements between interested parties
- Written summary and counsel on the various business structures (Corporation, C-Corp., Partnership, LLC, etc.). Note: EmergeCounsel does not employ a tax attorney and does not provide tax advice. It does have professional relationships with tax attorneys, which clients may utilize.
- Advice about any intellectual property considerations in forming an entity
Nothing can impede a business more than a dispute between partners. EmergeCounsel is the source for sound business agreements for:
- Partnerships and limited partnerships
- Joint ventures
Business Contracts, Forms, and Processes
Even in the most straightforward of businesses, there need to be proper contracts that are specifically tailored to a company's needs. EmergeCounsel provides documents that best attempt to:
- Articulate warranty terms and conditions
- Limit liability, especially for events beyond a company's control
- Provide clear policies on license terms, returns and/or refunds of goods and/or services
- Memorialize payment and non-payment terms
- Minimize future legal fees
- Verify compliance with common industry practices
Which employment documents are necessary to protect a company? EmergeCounsel develops and advocates for a variety of documents that all emerging companies should have. These include:
- At-will employment offers/policies
- Employee handbooks
- Benefits policies and procedures, including stock or unit options
Website and Social Media Policies
When publishing on a website and social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter, it is important to have detailed website and social media policies. EmergeCounsel can help with these policies, including:
- Privacy policies
- Copyright notices
Sophisticated Legal Services, Sensibly Priced
Contact us to schedule your complimentary consultation.