What counts as “personal” data?
Personal data includes:
- Email address
- Credit card information
Anonymous data (navigation history, for example) can also be considered personal data if it’s used in connection with any other type of data that can be tracked back to an individual.
- Company website
- eCommerce website (online store)
- Mobile or desktop app
- A clear statement of what exact type(s) of data you are collecting from users, and what you or your company is doing with the data you collect.
- The ability for users to opt-out of giving personal information (giving users the choice of what to provide you or your company).
- An admission of your or your company’s responsibility to make sure users’ personal information remains secure.
- A way for users to contact you to see their personal information and contest anything that is not accurate.